- Genre- Crime,Drama,Thriller
- Date of release- 26 February 2016
- Director- Rajesh Pillai
- Starring- Kunchacko Boban,Indrajith,Manju Warrier
Director Rajesh pillai is back with ‘Vettah’ after his 2015’s average grosser ‘Mili’.‘Vettah’ is the first release of the year for both indrajith and Kunchacko boban while this is the second release for Manju warrier after guest starring in ‘Pavada’.The basic premise of the film is about a crime and how that crime affects the 3 main characters of the story.
- The most intriguing aspect of the film is its story and how it unfolds.it keeps you interested throughout the whole film.
- Performance from the 3 main cast was perfect.indrajith sukumaran once again does justice to his role neatly.unlike paavada,Manju warrier was convincing in most of the scenes.Kunchako boban stands out in the performance department as this was a unique role of him that we have never witnessed before.
- Pacing of the film is worth mentioning as there is no slow portions.the film succeeds in keeping me interested from the start to the end of the film.For a thriller film,this was one of the most important aspect.
- The film tries to explore the 3 main characters and gives a story arc for each of them.this is a praise worthy aspect of the script as most of the generic investigative thrillers lacks sufficient character development from the main character.
- Vijaya Raghavan deserves a special mention as he portrayed his character to perfection.he had a very less screen time but his character and performance was brilliant.I think the movie would have had a bigger impact if it gave more screen time for his role.
- Just like Rajesh Pillai’s other film,this film also include real life incidents which was once again shown well.
- The Most disappointing part of the film was the final act.it was not at all convincing and it hugely affects the overall film and the build up it gives in the first half.
- Indrajith story arc was predictable and that’s huge flaw,especially considering the fact that this is a thriller film.
Verdict- Overall ‘Vettah’ is a flawed Thriller but still has a fair share of merits to its credit.so I suggest this film strictly for diehard fans of the genre.